Wednesday, December 1, 2010

We made it to Baltimore!

This is the first thing we saw once we passed customs. Yep, more tears...there was a flight of Soldiers coming home from the War and the USO/Volunteers were there to welcome them home!! This is something I will never forget! It made me proud to be an American and happy to be back in the US! But yes, tears were flowing!


Weird thing is we actually had the same flight out of Germany as the Evans family. Our families had become great friends and we were so happy we were on the same flight from Germany to BWI. We were happy to lend a hand to help them. I thought I had it hard but once I saw the Evans clan I changed my mind....5 kidos under 5, 15 bags, and a dog!! We miss them dearly and were sad to say goodbye.

Loren's in heaven!


Since the total flight time from Germany to Los Angeles was going to total over 20 hours we decided to stay the night once we got over the pond in Baltimore. It was the best choice we could have made. It gave the boys a break from airports/plane rides, a chance to rest, and of course hit the MALL!!! We were up early the next day for our adventure in California!!










No comments: