Sunday, December 5, 2010

on the way to Ohio

After 2 weeks in California we made our way to Ohio...err, well St. Louis actually. Unfortunately our car did not make it (as promised!) to St. Louis before we did. We tired to change our airfare to Dayton but it was going to cost a small fortune. Here comes my Big Sis to the rescue! Wanda and my Dad (who was visiting from Vegas) drove to St. Louis to pick us up...6 hours one way! What a blessing!!! This is what I mean when I talk about my family, bottom line we are there for each other!!! We drove that night to her house and stayed 2 nights before we headed to Wright Patterson AFB. My Brother in Law Brian lent us his truck since we didn't have a car yet...seriously, they are awesome! We drove an hour to Wright Patt and checked into TLF. We couldn't of asked for more, they gave us a 2 bedroom duplex with laundry and a yard. Talk about an answer to our prayers!! I was dreading spending 2 months in a stuffy hotel room with 2 active little boys.

Here are some pics on the flight to Ohio.


Silly boys, Adam did AMAZING on the flights!




Monday came and we met our Realtor and hit the ground hard housing hunting. My Dad watched the boys while we looked at around 40 houses. We quickly learned that if we wanted to live near the base and live in a house that we really liked we'd be in a bad school district. That was not an option so we widened the search and bought a prefect home for us, in an excellent school district 30 minutes from the base. Its a small community called Springboro, and its awesome!! More to come...

No comments: