Friday, July 3, 2009

364 days

Less than a year till we leave Europe. We move June 30, 2010. I can't believe we have less than a year to go. Its a bittersweet feeling. Part of me wants to get back to the States for family reasons, plant some roots for the boys, and to buy a home. Yet part of me has fallen in love with traveling and the lifestyle you have while overseas. It has been a wonderful 4 years and I can only imagine the last will be just as good. Europe has been so good for our family. It gave me the opportunity to stay home with our boys which has been the most meaningful experience for me. Our lifestyle here is very simple. At first I had a hard time adjusting since we came from Vegas which is a rush rush city to this quaint little village at the bottom of the hill. Once we started traveling and seeing how beautiful Europe is, a part of me fell in love.

Part of my heart will always stay here.

So where are we going next? The million dollar question we get all the time. The list for overseas assignments comes out August 6. If there is something that we just can't pass up than we might try for it. I personally would love Hawaii!!! Yes, that's considered overseas. If there is nothing that interest's us, than we will be heading back to the good ole U S of A. The list for Stateside assignments comes out January 18 which means we would get our assignment sometime in February.

I've been thinking about all the things I will miss and those things that I won't about living over here. The list is long and I will put it in a blog soon. For now, we are going to enjoy the next year. We will be going somewhere at the end of August, just haven't decided yet. We already made reservations for Thanksgiving in Bavaria. And we are planning a Cruise to Italy next spring. Our farewell to Europe trip as we like to call it!!

Here's to another year of being an American in Europe. I will make sure to enjoy the ride!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Can't wait to hear where you will end up. Enjoy all you can now for sure!!