Sunday, June 14, 2009

Back to Reality

After 7 months, we are back to our normal lives. Loren had a very safe and uneventful deployment...thank God! The boys and I had a wonderful time in California. And now its Monday and Loren's back to work and I'm taking care of the boys and cleaning house this morning. It feels great to be back to our normal lives and in the routine of our dailyness. Let me get you updated on the cutest boys in the world!



Seth~My Big Angel

loves having his Daddy home! He cried last night b/c we explained to him that Daddy had to go back to work today. Seth thought that meant he was leaving again...I know, sniff, sniff it broke both our hearts too. I made sure he has some activities to do this summer and tonight he has Kinderpsorts than cooking class on Wed! We made a major descion and singed him up for private Kindergarten which starts at the end of August. I'll blog about this later, but we know he's ready.... even though it breaks my heart he is growing up. We will go to the pool a lot and of course the zoo! We are going to enjoy our last summer in Germany even though its going to be a HOT one...remember NO AC in EUROPE...lovely, huh! NOT!!



Adam~ My little Angel

is eating like a mad man! He must be going thru a growth stage or something b/c all day he is eating. He has backed off the bottle and only wants solids during the day. He is so easy to feed since he will eat anything. Really I haven't found one thing he won't eat. At first he didn't like his fruits but that has changed and now loves them. He loves green beans, potatoes, cheese, and pears. He is also crawling and climbing like a monkey thus getting into everything. He is starting to let go when he is standing so I know its a matter of time before we walks. And the most important, he is FINALLY starting to sleep thru the night! ITS A MIRACLE! I love the irony in it, Loren's home, I have help now, but don't need it since he sleeps thru the night! I put him down around 7:30 and he sleeps till 6- 6:30. I know what happened, I have made the transition to letting him put himself to sleep for naps so I think now when he wakes up at night he just puts himself back to sleep rather than relying on me. Whatever the reason, its wonderful!





Now that life is back to normal I will be posting more. I think I'm going to make this Blog private though so I'll get you all the info on that. Love to you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy your blogging again Katie. So this is your last summer in Germany?? does that mean your moving back to the states?

That's great that Adam is sleeping through the night...i will be so excited when that day comes for Tyler...he still wakes up for a bottle now...and has started teething. so nights around here are super fun...ha.

Katie said...

Yep this is our last summer. We are set to move June 2010. We won't know where we are moving till Jan/Feb. Part of us wants to stay in Europe...but another part wants to move back to the States to buy a home. So I guess you could say we would be happy either way!

Yeah its been great having him sleep thru the night! I really didn't think it would happen for awhile. Teething sucks! I hope Tyler gets thru it okay...and you to!!!